Digestion is critical for good health.
When it is poor, food that is partially digested gets left behind in the digestive tract.
This is called "ama" in Ayurveda and if the ama is left behind for a while, the body begins to become more and more toxic.
This ama attracts bacteria and a putrefication process begins which can give off fumes and gases that irritate the lining of your gastrointestinal tract.
Depending on your unique body-mind make-up you may experience gas, bloating, acid reflux. hyperacidity, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, burning, congestion.....
Eventually, what initially are disturbances in your stomach and intestines, begin to overflow into the blood and can enter into your tissues and organs and lead to infections and more serious diseases.
When you do a simple seasonal cleanse without harsh purgative substances that can damage your digestive fire (agni), you are clearing out the ama, and resetting your digestion.
Telltale Signs You Need A Cleanse
- Poor appetite for good foods
- You crave junk foods especially sugars
- You feel congested, heavy or constipated
- Tongue has a white or greasy coating when you wake up in the morning
- Your mind is fuzzy, cloudy or spaced out
- Abdominal bloating and gas after eating
- Yawning after a meals, wanting to sleep or nap
- You're always tired and lethargic even after a full night's sleep
- Your body aches and just doesn't feel right
- You lack motivation or enthusiasm for life.
Do you have 3 or more of these symptoms?
This is a sure sign that you need to cleanse!!!
Have none of these symptoms?
Doing a seasonal cleanse twice a year will help you keep it that way!!!!